Teachers teach but they actually never stop learning. That is why I am offering this section as one of the opportunities for teachers to grow. Check out the current job offers, contests, webinars and other learning possibilities for teachers.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR GERMAN AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHERS
- You have created good classroom lesson plans and would like to share them with your colleagues and maybe earn some money? Try this out right now at Teachers Pay Teachers. In addition, read the success story of one of the best payed teachers in this community.
- Something similar to Teachers Pay Teachers offers TES. basically it’s the same, just for different markets – Teachers Pay Teachers is mostly active in America, while TES is a British company whose market is the whole world including America.
- lehrermarkplatz enables you also to sell anything that you have prepared for your classes (card games. plans, work sheets).
- You could also share your own teaching material at Lehrerheld.
- Register and teach German and any other language online. Try out now at italki.
- You can also apply at ReformDeutsch and teach German via Skype. You can earn monthly up to 800 EUR net.
- Check out these job offers provided by Centrum für internationale Migration und Entwicklung (CIM).
- Check out job offers at the Hueber‘s web page which are being updated regularly.
- Goethe Institut also announces regularly.
- Find free positions at DAAD.
- If you wish to teach English online, apply at Tutorabc. Less popular than Tutorabc is Bibo.
CONTESTS FOR GERMAN LANGUAGE TEACHEARS
DAF WEBINARS FOR TEACHERS
Sway and Docs im Deutschunterricht, November 2 at 7 PM – 8 PM
In order for you to attend above event you need to be member of the DaF Lehrer Online group on Facebook or send your request to to email@example.com. Alternate solution: wait for my report from the webinar(s) which I always post here at a later point. See reports from previous webinars:
Reports from local seminars:
Other interesting posts:
DaFWEBKON will take place on March 3, 2017.
SEMINARS OF THE GOETHE INSTITUT
“Goethe Institut” offers various seminars for German language teachers. Anything that you can imagine is there. You can browse through their current offer for 2016 here. I am interested in seminars which refer to the learning at a (very) early age. But it seems that I am too late because the application deadline for all seminars in 2016 was on December 31, 2015. However, if there are some free places left, teachers can still apply. Note to self: you can even apply for a grant. Mark that down and try the next year. More about grants (or normal applications) can be found here.
XVI. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF GERMAN LANGUAGE TEACHERS “Brücken gestalten – mit Deutsch verbinden”
July 31, 2017 – August 4, 2017, Freiburg, Switzerland
More about the program and application process can be found here.